7 Content Promotion Tactics That Will Increase The Readership Of Your Blog
Great content is a big part of the equation for success online. But the other, often overlooked area of content marketing, is content promotion.
If you want your content to serve its purpose, you need to be proactive with your content promotion.
Below are some of the best content promotion tactics you can use to get your website noticed:
1. Write For Others
Attract people from the web to important pages on your website by guest posting or blogging. Create amazing content and pitch it to other sites. If they let you, include links in the content and your author bio to key pages on your site. There are tons of guest post opportunities, and finding them is easy. Some of the most serious blogs have a guest post submission page. Use Google to find them:
- (Niche keyword) + "guest post submission”
- (Niche keyword) + "write for us”
- (Niche keyword) + "contribution guidelines”
2. Connect With Influencers Outside Social Media
Social media is not the only place you can target influencers. Email is another option likely to capture more attention, especially if your influencer has a busy social profile. A cold email to a previously identified influencer can help you with many things like building links, getting comments, or encouraging sharing.
3. Ask To Include Your Content
Getting your content to appear in roundups is a great way to get more reach and build backlinks at the same time. You can find relevant link roundups to target with the help of Google. Include your niche keyword and one of the following in your search:
- Best of
- Top 10
- Link love
4. Reach Out On Social Media
Social platforms are crowded, so there is no guarantee interested people will see and share your content. To improve your content’s visibility, target interested people directly. You can use a tool like BuzzSumo to find social media users who share content like yours. Just take a keyword from the content you want to promote and type it into its search bar. You will see a list of popular content related to that keyword ordered by most overall shares. Find the most relevant content post and click on "View Sharers,” you will want to target this list with your content.
Targeting influencers with many followers is important, but only if they are likely to engage with your messaging. Make sure you select people with a high retweet and reply ratio. Connect on a social platform using an @ mention of your influencer to ask for opinions on your content or suggest that his or her audience might like it.
- 5. Engage With Your Community
Various platforms can help you join your industry’s conversation and give your content more reach at the same time. Below are some options:
- Social media groups - Facebook and LinkedIn groups are great opportunities to dig deeper into a social platform and target your niche audience. Join groups that your content is relevant to, join the conversation, and suggest your content naturally. You can also join and contribute to specific boards on Pinterest.
- Content promotion networks - You can also get more reach on social media with the help of content promotion networks, such as Viral Content Bee. This platform connects you with other people wanting to promote their content. Share their posts and you receive credits that you can then use to promote your own posts.
- Online Communities - There are plenty of other platforms where you can discuss topics related to your niche. Join Q&A sites like Quora or Yahoo Answers, and you can suggest your content as a resource to answer people’s questions. Just make sure you actually engage in discussions on the platform so it is not all about promoting your content.
6. Pay To Promote
Advertising your content is a new concept that can work well, especially compared to traditional direct-marketing tactics. Pay per click or by number of impressions to help your content get more reach on a variety of platforms.
7. Send An Email Broadcast
Your email list is composed of people who signed up because they are interested in your brand and want to receive your latest updates. According to Campaign Monitor, you are six times more likely to get a click from an email campaign than a tweet. That is a great audience to promote your content to because they are already engaged and much more likely to share.
Once a new piece of content is published, send a message to your list. Include a short teaser of the content to encourage them to click through, and be sure to include a call to action asking them to share it.
Content marketing can do a lot to bring traffic to your website and progress your business goals, but only if you take the right steps to promote your content.
Follow these tactics and monitor their impact on your site traffic:
- Broadcast to your email list (more than once).
- Evaluate content promotion networks.
- Explore options with paid media.
- Reach out on social media.
- Connect outside social media.
- Ask content curators to include your content.
- Increase your reach by guest blogging.
Note that some of these tactics will work better than others; you just have to know which ones do in order to get the most out of your promotion.