SEO content writer: Job Description and Duties Of An SEO Writer
Based on the number of people who are searching, "what is an SEO writer” online, I think that the field of copywriting is still a mystery to many people despite the importance that SEO copywriting plays in the success of online businesses.
So, we will try to demystify this.
Who Is An SEO Writer?
An SEO content writer is a copywriter who is involved in search engine optimization (SEO). Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of trying to improve the search engine ranking of a website so that people can find the website easily when they conduct a search on the search engine.
For instance, if your website deals with the sale of tomato paste, SEO will ensure that the website appears on the first page of google for that search term, as well as related search terms like "pasta salad,” "marinara sauce,” "spaghetti sauce,” "tomato pasta sauce,” and "tomato sauce.”
SEO Writer Job Description
An SEO writer is a writer who writes search engine optimized content. The main duties of an SEO content writer include:
- Writing search engine optimized copy
- Optimizing current copy on a client's website (page titles, Meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.)
- Blog writing and posting
- Keyword research
- Rank analysis
- Content marketing strategy analysis
What Skills Are Required Of An SEO Writer?
The main skills that an SEO content writer should possess include:
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of analytics tools like Google and Bing analytics.