Copywriting is the art of writing persuasive copy in order to attract clients to a website or blog and convince them to part with their money. Therefore, copywriting is not simply putting words together. An effective copywriter knows the skill of informing, persuading, and convincing the clients to do a certain act.
Having said this, we can go to the next question of who is a copywriter
Who Is A Copywriter
A copywriter is more than a writer. He or she is a talented salesperson who can identify the needs of the clients, answer their questions in a well-written article, and convince them to buy a product or service, or do a certain action in the website.
Copywriter Job Description: What Does A Copywriter Do?
A copywriter’s job description is very broad. Apart from writing compelling website copy, other duties of a copywriter include:
- Search engine optimization
- Keyword research
- Social media promotion
- Persuading clients
- Building relations with other marketers
- Marketing the business on
- Researching about the topics they write on
- Email marketing and social media outreach
Copywriters will be involved in the process of creating all kinds of promotional material such as:
- Press Releases
- Radio Commercial Scripts
- Direct Mail Pieces
- Sales Letters
- Internet Content
- Television Adverts
- Jingle Lyrics
- Web Copy
- Online Ads
- White Papers
Copywriters need to be multitalented in order to become successful in online marketing. The important copywriting skills include:
- Creativity – storytellers, innovators
- Being analytical – strategic, researchers, data-driven, resourceful
- Social – collaborative, sense of humour, team players
- Educated and Driven – goals oriented, value education, forward thinkers, trendsetters, insightful
- Adaptive– quick thinking, versatile, intuitive, skilful
- A good story teller
- A good marketer
- Good command of grammar
How Much Does A Copywriter Make
Talented copywriters earn anywhere between $20,000 and $150, 000. However, many of them work as freelance copywriters and are paid on a project-by-project basis. A normal writing project can cost anywhere between $30 and $10,000 depending on the type of work.
For instance, a simple SEO article may cost about $60 dollars, while writing a book or a technical paper may cost anywhere between $1,000 and $20,000.
Do You Want To hire A Copywriter?
If you need a copywriter to help you write your web content, place an order using the order form and send us all your requirements